Monday, September 13, 2010

Fayetteville Visit

Well, here we are in Fayetteville, Arkansas, for three weeks. One week has already passed and it has been filled with family time, new restaurants, computer time, a bit of shopping...just the things I love to do. (Except maybe the shopping part...as I get older, I mostly shop when I have to. I had to because Randy blew out his tennis shoe the first day he was working with his tool guy and he called me and asked that I get him another pair that day.)

We spent our first evening hanging out at our place (motor home) with our niece Manon. Then she came over again a couple of days later and I made Phillie Cheese sandwiches...really good. This is a picture of her with her niece Lyssa in her Halloween costume. Manon works on her own and does remodeling and computer support.


The next aftenoon was Labor Day and our niece Paula came over. We visited over a glass of wine, then Randy suggested that we go to Panera Bread for mac and cheese. I would say theirs is "to die for", but I really don't want to die over a bowl of mac and cheese, so I prefer not to use that term. But theirs is really good!!! This is Paula. She's a banker...actually a commercial loan officer...I don't know her exact title.



 The next day my sis-in-law Linda picked me up at noon after the torrents of rain stopped...some parts of Rogers reportedly got 5-9 inches overnight. Anyway, we dropped Red Dog off at Dog Party (doggie day care) and met Manon for a WONderful lunch at Mama Z's. We opted for the special because I wanted to go back there with Randy and try the spaghetti. The special of the day was turkey and dressing with all the fixins and, you guessed it, it was WONderful!!! We spent the rest of the afternoon on errands (hers and mine), then Randy and I had dinner with Linda at Taste of Thai...another great meal. This is Linda (above) and Red Dog (below).

So you see, all I'm doing is eating and visiting.

Not so with Randy. The reason we're here for three weeks is because he's training a new tool dealer (Cornwell Tools, the oldest mobile tool company). They spent the first three days loading all the new tools on the tool truck and went out on the route on Friday. Randy will ride with him for two weeks before he's on his own, with MUCH telephone support from Randy.


Now, back to the eating part...Paula took us out on Friday night to Noodles where we had Margherita Pizzas. Not to be confused with margaritas to drink, they are actually named after a girl. They were almost to die for. Saturday morning we had a huge buffet breakfast, then went to visit our nephew John and family, Erin and Lyssa and baby-on-the-way. We toured the large addition onto their home...it's great...very roomy and colorful. Lyssa was allowed to choose the colors of her bedroom...purple and green...turned out to be a good choice! Then we got to read Lyssa a story and watch her build blocks as tall as she is (almost 3 years old now).


Well, yesterday was Sunday and guess what we ate? All the leftovers!!!

I hope this didn't wear you out. But the thing is, normally I never have this much going on. But as everyone who knows me is aware, I'm a very detailed person. Bet you can't wait to hear about this week!


3 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

I do like your new look here.
I think I gained ten pounds just reading your post! :)
Glad you are having a good time and getting to see family!

James said...

Deanna, I saw your comment on Dr. Davis' blog. I'm sorry you're having trouble commenting on my new blog. I checked the comment settings, and they are identical to the Wheat-Free Wanderer comment settings. I have no idea why you can't comment. I show 31 total comments on the new blog, and nobody else has mentioned not being able to comment. I wish I had a solution.

Lavonda Pflug said...

Thought I'd stop by to see if you have posted...lately... Found cob webs and crickets. LOL
Surely you can post a new picture of something. ;)
I don't have room to talk. I've had a hard time posting...stuff just gets in the way.